Tuesday 16 June 2009

Dee's Birthday Treat

I’m taking Dee out for dinner this evening. It’s his birthday. I am also setting him a task.
I will give him a £100 Harvey Nichols voucher which he must spend within 30 minutes. I know 100 quid is not much to spend in that place, but let me tell you this will leave me eating baked beans for the rest of the week. I won’t even indulge myself toast, since I’m off carbs dharlink.

Dee is down at the moment. He’s stressed with his new job and feels lonely. Tears are something I do not ignore, who ever you are. If someone is hurting or stressing for whatever reason, I try to respect that. I have no idea how it’ll go between us this evening but I’m sure we’ll be fine.
We’re just going out and get some food, how hard can that be? I know, I know… these things can become mine fields.

I want him to have a nice birthday. He misses his friends who are virtually all in the north, he’s miserable about getting older, and he’s just fallen out with his girlfriend. Regardless of me being the girl in question - still, today is not really the day to leave the guy to stew in his own juice, alone, is it? That’d be unnecessarily cruel.

Besides, I want to see him. Ahhh, yes; now we get to the crux of the matter, I hear you shout…
Yeah, I want to see him. Why not? It doesn’t mean that we’re going to link hands and run off in the direction of the setting sun, get married and breed like bunnies. I wish I was going to do that with someone, but it won’t be Dee; at least not this evening.

Nope, first I’m gonna watch him panic while he tries to decide what to buy himself with my money and I’ll use the stop watch on my phone to add to the drama and ensure he doesn’t go over his allocated 30 minutes time limit.

I reckon I can guess what he’ll buy. The easy option is aftershave or another beauty product. He likes all that stuff, but I am going to tell him that these are off bounds so instantly the task will become much harder for him – therefore more fun for me!

I reckon his next option will be to spend his dosh on a t-shirt. That’s it. That’s what I’m putting my money on – a t-shirt.
Bet anyone?