Tuesday 27 April 2010

Radio interviews & Plastic pets.

Hello amigos. Feels as though I haven’t written for a while. I guess a few days is a while. To most people it’s not, to me, being the intense creature that I am, a few days can feel like an eternity. Well, I’m back. Not that you thought I’d gone, but still, I thought I d make the announcement that I’m back to make myself feel valued.
'Just get on with it Gee, for the love of God!'

Ok, OK, sorry, sorry...

So, what’s been happening? Well, I’ve been Writing. Writing. Writing. What else..? Oh, my Rabbit’s working again. Allelujah! And as soon as I discovered it was indeed the batteries that were the problem, I came on my period. Good innit. Nah, it’s rubbish actually. I have to wait to get my rocks off for another few days and all I have to look forward to it a fucking plastic appliance. Can things get any worse?
My life must sounds very dull. Maybe it is on paper, but in my heart and mind it’s not. It never has been. I'm comfortable with how things are and I take pleasure in trivia - just traveling the tube and watching people is often very amusing.

Other news – tomorrow I have a really, really, really, really good friend coming to stay over from the north. You know, the north, that land way past Luton. Yes, that one. There is life beyond the outskirts of London, my dear London buddies.
I can’t wait to see my mate. We’ve known each other years and she knows more about me than is healthy.

So, HOOKED is published in 8 days. 8 fucking days, can you believe it?! I’m sure you can, I’ve bleated on about it for long enough. It’s me than can barely believe it.
It’s amazing and I’m honoured that I’ve had this opportunity. I’ve got some publicity stuff lined up. I feel a bit embarrassed mentioning it ,really. I don’t want to sound like a tw*t, but I’ll take the risk. I’ve got dates for radio interviews dharlings, newspapers, magazines, and now I’m waiting for the meeting with the head of Warner Bros. In LA.

My arse.

Note: Some of the stuff I say is said tongue in cheek, in case you hadn’t realised.

So, 8 days and I’m gonna be swanning round London book shops unashamedly staring at my book. Excited, I am. Modest, it seems I am not.

Hey ho...




http://www.missygee.com
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hooked-Survived-Prostitution-Londons-Nightlife/dp/1845966031/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1252794549&sr=1-1