Wednesday 19 May 2010

doughnuts and getting old ...

Well, I’m sitting here at work after eating 2 doughnuts and thinking whether it would be very wrong of me to have one more. We had Krispy Cremes brought to work because the whole of the computer system is down – except Word, it seems! Hooray!

I’m so friggin’ bored. I can’t be bothered to chat which is what most people want to do in these situations. I can do grinning inanely and dishing out the odd yay and nay here and there but if I’m not in the mood, I find it really tricky. Today, so far, I’m not in the mood. I’m not in a grumpy mood – I just can't be arsed to talk. That’s very normal for me; especially when each evening this week I am not getting any time to myself. None. It’s not usual and I find it quite stressful. I’ve found myself after work thrust into situations where I am talking shit-loads, for the majority of the evening. Take last night – although last night was very rewarding – I talked with an editor about my second book for bloody yonks and I didn’t get home until 11pm. Tonight I’m meeting a friend for dinner, tomorrow I’m taking the mentee out. Friday it’s my birthday. I will officially be old. Although as I said to my friends – I don’t have grey pubes so I guess I have little to worry about.

My main concern right now, apart from being sex-less for, err..... too long! Is still, whether I should get a third doughnut or not. Similar to a drug addiction, I fear the only way to shut up my current obsession with ringed doughnuts is to indulge. Just one more.... and then I’ll leave them alone.. honestly. There’s loads left. I’ll just have one more solitary doughnut which is looking for a snug home in my tummy...






http://www.missygee.com


http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hooked-Survived-Prostitution-Londons-Nightlife/dp/1845966031/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1252794549&sr=1-1